Remote Sensing Products
- ESA CCI Land Use Land cover: Data on Land cover from 1992 to 2015 at 300m resolution.
- NASA-USDA Global Soil Moisture Data: Data on surface and subsurface soil moisture from 2010 to present at 25km resolution
- JRC Global Surface Water Mapping Layers: Data on global surface water occurrence, change, recurrence, and seasonality from 1984 to 2019 at 30 m resolution.
Secondary Data Sets
- MGNREGA Work Progress Data– Mahatama Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) work progress data is a block level data on total works, ongoing works, completed works, and total expenditure by various work categories and work types (2013-2018)
- PMKSY Irrigation data– Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojna (PMKSY) data gives district level information on investments in irrigation for the four components AIBP, Har Khet ko Pani, Watershed and Per Drop more Crop for three years (2015-2018)
- AGMARKNET Data– Agricultural Marketing Information Network (AGMARKNET) data is a daily price and arrival data of 490 commodities with 1100 varieties, traded at around 3100 agriculture wholesale markets in India (2012 – 2019)
- CapEx by CMIE– CapEx database from the Center for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE) gives information on current investment projects in India that would create productive capacities. The data set has information on project’s location, status (completed, under implementation, announced) and money spent by industries like mining, manufacturing , services, electricity, transportation, etc
- RBI State Finance Reports– The report released by the Reserve Bank of India every year, gives data on the fiscal position of the states
- CGWB– Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) releases data on the depth to water using a network of 31416 observation wells by district for Pre-monsoon, Monsoon, Post-monsoon Kharif and Post-monsoon Rabi seasons (1994 – 2018)
- Fertilizer Data– Data released by Department of Fertilizer on total sales of fertilizer of various product groups like Urea, DAP, MOP, NPKS, etc by district (2013 – 2018)
Primary Survey Data
- Cross sectional primary survey data collected on rainfed livelihoods across 150 villages and 6,000 households in 2016 in Odisha, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Telangana. The survey extensively collects information on all civic and public institutions active in the village, data on soil, water quantity and quality, forest vegetation, cropping patterns, physical infrastructure, livelihood strategies, and common resources.
R, Python, SAS, STATA, QGIS, Google Earth Engine